Now that we know what constitutes a healthy breakfast and which foods to buy, it’s time to learn some useful recipes! Let’s take a look at a breakfast that’s good for your regular work day, a breakfast before a workout, and even a sweet weekend breakfast. All in the healthy category!
Let’s start with a recipe that’s great for the weekend or any day on which you have enough time and want to treat yourself. Banana pancakes are a proof that you can make a sweet and tasty breakfast that’s not just carbs. Eggs provide a high-quality protein and healthy fats, while bananas and blueberries are great sources of carbs, fibre, and vitamins. One serving will give you 18 g of protein, 52 g of carbs, 20 g of fat, 7 g of fibre, and a total of 542 kcal. You will learn all you need from our video.
This recipe is a good option when you have a hard day ahead and you’re not sure if you will have time for lunch. It shows you how to make two really large omelettes that will give you 820 kcal, 54 g of fat, 4 g of carbs, and 74 g of protein each. You can take on any type of day that’s ahead of you!
View this post on Instagram
Tuna Melt Omelets is now up on the blog (link in the profile) #food #foods #foodpic # foodporn #foodstagram #instagood #instafood #instarecipe #instayum# instahealthy #paleo #paleofood #paleolifestyle #primal #primalfood #veggies #pescatarian #healthylifestile #healthyeating #cleaneating #cleaneat #eatclean #TheIronYou #glutenfree #yum #dinner #lunch #breakfast #omelet #eggs #grainfree
Tuna salad fill
2 cans (160 g) tuna
2 tablespoons chopped onions
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
1 teaspoon capers, chopped (optional)
Lemon juice, to taste
6 large eggs
¼ cup (60 ml) milk (your choice of milk)
2 tablespoons butter
¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
A pinch of ground black pepper
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Combine all tuna salad ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. To make the omelette, in a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper, until just combined.
3. Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
4. Pour in half of the egg mixture and give it a good swirl, so that it spreads out thinly across the entire pan.
5. Let the eggs set and then sprinkle half of the cheese on the omelette.
6. Run a spatula underneath the omelette and slide it out of the pan (flat) onto a plate.
7. Immediately top the omelette with some of the tuna mixture. Fold over and keep warm while you make the other omelette.
Sunny-side-up eggs with avocado and cheese
This is a great meal for your usual workday, it’s quick and easy to make. One serving yields 303 kcal, 26 grams of fat, 12 grams of carbs, and 14 grams of protein. You’re sure to have a good week if you start it with this meal.
View this post on Instagram
Sunny-Side Up Egg with Avocado, Sriracha and Crumbled Feta is now up on the blog (link in the profile!) #food #foodpic #foodporn #foodstagram #instagood #instafood #instarecipe #instayum #instahealthy #paleo #paleofood #paleolifestyle #primal #primalfood #breakfast #easy #quick #healthylifestile #healthyeating #cleaneating #cleaneat #eatclean #TheIronYou #glutenfree #yum #dinner #lunch #vegetarian #grainfree
1 large egg
½ avocado, pitted and sliced
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
1 teaspoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
Sriracha to taste
Salt and pepper
1. Heat coconut oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add egg, season with salt and pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the whites are just set, and the yolk is still a bit runny (if you like your yolks more firmly set, just continue cooking.)
3. Transfer to a plate, top with sliced avocado and crumbled feta and slather with Sriracha to taste.
Oatmeal with berries
This last healthy breakfast recipe is ideal for those who exercise before breakfast. It’s full of quality slow carbs to replenish your glycogen reserves, but it also gives you a good amount of protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The recipe serves two and each portion contains 88 g of carbs, 12 g of fibre, 21 g fat, and 18 g of protein. Check out the video to learn how to make it.