Do you want to cook Peter Sagan’s favourite recipe? Well, now you can! There’s a lot of inspiration when it comes to recipes on the internet. But not many are done by one of the best road cycling sprinters today. Now is your chance to eat at least one meal like a pro. Try it, it’s really tasty.
Peter Sagan cooks for you
Peter Sagan needs no introduction for those who are into cycling. We all know that he’s an exceptional cyclist and a sprinter. What you might have not known is that he’s also a top notch gourmet chef! He made a video series of ten recipes that all look amazingly tasty.
You might have heard about Peter’s gummy bear eating habits when cycling, but when it comes to cooking, he is all about fine cuisine. In his YouTube series he teaches us how to cook a golden trout, steam a sea bass, grill venison filets, or make quinoa sushi. You should check out his skills in the kitchen, he is entertaining in front of a camera, as usual.
Recipe: Goat-Curd Schmarrn with Cranberries and Ginger
As Peter says, this recipe is special, because it contains his favourite ingredient – the Jerusalem artichoke. Overall, the finished meal contains a moderate amount of protein from the goat curd and eggs. It’s loaded with simple carbs coming from the artichoke and ginger syrup, birch sugar, and berries, the only complex carbs come from spelt flour. This meal will be great post training to replenish glycogen reserves and kick-start muscle repair. And you can be sure it tastes amazing!
• 4 eggs
• 120g birch sugar
• 140g goat-curd
• 80g spelt flour
• 4 tbsp goji cranberries, dried
• 200g goat-curd
• 1 vanilla pod
• 200g fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, gooseberries)
• Jerusalem artichoke and ginger syrup
1. Beat two eggs and two egg yolks with 80g birch sugar until creamy, then stir in the curd and flour.
2. Beat the two egg whites with the remaining sugar and stir in the cranberries.
3. Cook on a large pan on a medium heat on both sides until golden brown.
4. Stir together the curd and the vanilla essence until smooth. Spread over the Schmarrn and tear the Schmarrn into pieces.
5. Serve with the Topinambur and ginger syrup and fresh berries.