Another Monday is here and our news from the world of cycling with it. So, what did you miss?
The Brit wins
The 21-year-old Tom Pidcock took the biggest cyclocross victory of his career at the Telenet Superprestige Gavere. He beat Mathieu van der Poel as well as Toon Aerts with an impressive solo victory.
“To be honest, I don’t know what to say, today I think I came of age,” Pidcock said afterwards.
“I think the past years I’ve been bad at the starts so I’ve been working on them and trying to improve and I know if I can do a good first lap and then not already be in the red after one lap then I can have a lot more at the finish.”
2020 Telenet Superprestige results
1. Tom Pidcock (Trinity Racing) – 58:11
2. Mathieu van der Poel (Alpecin-Fenix) + 25 seconds
3. Toon Aerts (Telenet Baloise Lions) + 44 s
4. Eli Iserbyt (Pauwels Sauzen – Bingoal) + 54 s
5. Lars van der Haar (Telenet Baloise Lions) + 1:01
6. Michael Vanthourenhout (Pauwels Sauzen – Bingoal) + 1:13
7. Quinten Hermans (Tormans) + 1:31
8. Corné Van Kessel (Tormans) + 2:47
9. Thomas Mein (Tormans) + 3:24
10. Daan Soete (Group Hens – Maes Containers) + 3:33
De kerstboom staat.
Of ik hem ook even wilde versieren. ✅ pic.twitter.com/Xy3la10Zkd
— Bram Tankink (@bramtankink) December 9, 2020
Hope it is
— Simon Warren (@100Climbs) December 11, 2020
— Garmin Cycling (@GarminCycling) December 4, 2020
But it sounds so jolly!
How to (very very badly!) pronounce a strange list… this is NOT perfect, sorry telegraph. Drinking game if you can include all these words in your Christmas 🎄dinner family conversation?
But please don’t say my name like that 🤨🤢 – 3 extra shots if you say TIE-oh x pic.twitter.com/FtULfaddmo
— Tao Geoghegan Hart (@taogeoghegan) December 11, 2020