Looking for a weight loss breakfast recipe? Try this omelette and you might be very surprised how big of an impact can one meal have on the rest of your day. Feeling well fed with a lot of protein and slow-release energy to go on is the perfect way to avoid overeating later on.
A lot of times a single small change is big enough to make a difference yet simple enough to stick with. You don’t need to overhaul your whole diet to see results you just need to be consistent. Trying to improve one meal works for many people and breakfast is the ideal candidate.
Try a different breakfast
Cereal with milk, yoghurt with fruits, or bread with honey and a glass of orange juice, sounds familiar? Even though these are not inherently bad breakfast choices, they all contain a lot of fast carbs that can spike your blood sugar and leave you feeling hungry very soon. That’s something you want to avoid when trying to lose weight, especially early in the morning. A change from such breakfast to something full of protein, healthy fats, and vitamins can be a game changer. The usual mid-morning hunger will be a thing of the past.
Recipe: Denver Omelette Egg Bake
This is a perfect example of a tasty breakfast that won’t affect your blood sugar and keep you full for a long time. You can’t do much better than a proper omelette for breakfast when trying to slim down. Total prep time is about 55 minutes but you will end up with 6 portions so it’s well worth the effort. One serving contains 17 g of protein, 5 g of cabs, and 11 g of fat.
• 8 eggs, large
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
• 1 large green pepper, finely diced
• 1/2 large white onion, finely diced
• 150 g ham, finely diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/8 tsp salt
• pepper, to taste
1. First, preheat oven to 175 C (350 F) and spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and Greek yogurt.
3. Place green pepper, white onion, ham, garlic, salt, and pepper into the casserole dish. Pour egg mixture over the veggie and ham mixture.
4. Then, place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, pour cheese over the top and let bake for an additional 10 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.