The untouchable Italian
Giulio Ciccone (Trek-Segafredo) won in a stunning fashion on stage 15 of the Giro d’Italia. He attacked on the final climb to Cogne and left everyone behind with 18km to go. He ended up winning by over a minute. It was only the third-ever Giro stage win for Trek-Segafredo. A nice consolation after losing the maglia rosa to Ineos Grenadiers a day earlier. Richard Carapaz remains in the overall lead after his team controlled the peloton and didn’t allow any GC contenders to gain time.
— Trek-Segafredo (@TrekSegafredo) May 22, 2022
Giro d’Italia 2022 – Stage 15 (Rivarolo Canavese to Cogne, 177km)
- Giulio Ciccone (Trek-Segafredo) – 4:37:41
- Santiago Buitrago (Bahrain-Victorious) + 1:31
- Antonio Pedrero (Movistar) + 2:19
General classification after stage 15
- Richard Carapaz (Ineos Grenadiers) – 63:06:57
- Jai Hindley (BORA-Hansgrohe) + 7 seconds
- João Almeida (UAE Team Emirates) + 30 seconds
- Mikel Landa (Bahrain-Victorious) + 59 seconds
- Domenico Pozzovivo (Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert Matériaux) + 1:01
- Pello Bilbao (Bahrain-Victorious) + 1:52
- Emanuel Buchmann (BORA-Hansgrohe) + 1:58
- Vincenzo Nibali (Astana Qazaqstan Team) + 2:58
- Juan Pedro López (Trek-Segafredo) + 4:04
- Guillaume Martin (Cofidis) + 8:02
— Cycling out of context (@OutOfCycling) May 22, 2022
If you’re wondering about taking up cycling, DO IT!
Cycling and the awesome cycling community has changed my life. Here is me 10 years apart. I was unfit, depressed and struggling. Now I’m breaking records, making positive changes and HAPPY!!! 💗 #MentalHealthAwarenessMonth pic.twitter.com/U9azHGDe6Z
— Louise Vardeman (loukew) (@lougloug) May 18, 2022
Goin‘ on an adventure!
Misty Mountains at the #Giro.
Makes you wonder what Bilbo Baggins and the rest of the dwarves are doing nowadays. pic.twitter.com/nPARzspLsO
— Quick-Step Alpha Vinyl Team (@qst_alphavinyl) May 22, 2022
When you look on the TV schedule and see there’s no cycling today…
— Quick-Step Alpha Vinyl Team (@qst_alphavinyl) May 16, 2022
— Lotto Soudal (@Lotto_Soudal) May 22, 2022