The Slovenian wins again
Nothing unexpected happened on the final stage of the race and so Primož Roglič (Jumbo-Visma) enjoyed a calm ride towards defending the Vuelta title. Asked how he felt about his victory this year compared to last year, he said it was “impossible to compare”, but the Slovenian was certainly put under more pressure this time around.
He won by 24 seconds, a small margin in comparison with last year’s 2:33. Riding the Tour clearly took its toll but his TT superiority was enough to beat Richard Carapaz (Ineos Grenadiers) in the end.
Congratulations, Primož. And enjoy that ŠKODA Green Jersey!
1. Primož Roglič (Jumbo-Visma) – 72:46:12
2. Richard Carapaz (Ineos Grenadiers) + 24 s
3. Hugh Carthy (EF Pro Cycling) + 1:15
4. Dan Martin (Israel Start-Up Nation) + 2:43
5. Enric Mas (Movistar) + 3:36
6. Wout Poels (Bahrain-McLaren) + 7:16
7. David de la Cruz (UAE Team Emirates) + 7:35
8. David Gaudu (Groupama-FDJ) + 7:45
9. Felix Grossschartner (Bora-Hansgrohe) + 8:15
10. Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) + 9:34
ŠKODA Green Jersey classification
1. Primož Roglič (Jumbo-Visma) – 204 pts
2. Richard Carapaz (Ineos Grenadiers) – 133 pts
3. Dan Martin (Israel Start-Up Nation) – 111 pts
King of the mountains classification
1. Guillaume Martin (Cofidis) – 99 pts
2. Tim Wellens (Lotto-Soudal) – 34 pts
3. Richard Carapaz (Ineos Grenadiers) – 30pts
1. Enric Mas (Movistar) – 72:49:48
2. David Gaudu (Grouapama-FDJ) + 4:09
3. Aleksandr Vlasov (Astana) + 6:00
1. Movistar (Esp) – 218:37:21
2. Jumbo-Visma (Ned) + 10:23
3. Astana (Kaz) + 40:09
What a pretty thing
He’s doing well!
— INEOS Grenadiers (@INEOSGrenadiers) November 2, 2020
Can relate to this
Biggest achievement during hotel quarantine is progressing from C grade to B grade on Zwift.
— Cameron Meyer (@cammeyercyclist) November 2, 2020
Two unrelated pieces of news…
1. Two days ago the vet told my cat she needed to go on a diet.
2. Last night, my husband was working late so decided to order himself a takeaway. pic.twitter.com/kLRHkMLrss
— Hayley Simmonds (@hayleyrsimmonds) November 4, 2020