Another Monday is here and our news from the world of cycling with it! So, what did you miss?
Finish of the Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana
Tadej Pogačar (UAE Emirates) finished safely in the peloton yesterday to seal his overall victory. After attacking late on the final climb during stage four, the Slovenian left all GC hopefuls behind and successfully defended his position on stage five. Fabio Jakobsen (Deceuninck-Quick-Step) beat Dylan Groenewegen (Jumbo-Visma) in the bunch sprint to claim the final stage win.
Final general classification
1. Tadej Pogačar (UAE Team Emirates) – 18:43:00
2. Jack Haig (Mitchelton-Scott) + 6s
3. Tao Geoghegan Hart (Team Ineos)
4. Daniel Martin (Israel Start-Up Nation) + 13s
5. Dylan Teuns (Bahrain-McLaren) + 23s
6. Wout Poels (Bahrain-McLaren) + 25s
7. Ion Izagirre (Astana Pro Team) + 32s
8. Ruben Fernandez (Fundacion-Orbea) + 49s
9. Oscar Rodriguez Garaicoechea (Astana Pro Team) + 1:11
10. Alejandro Valverde (Movistar Team) + 1:14
The only way to do it
New to this motorpacing thing..are we doing it right?? pic.twitter.com/Bk8i9OFiVB
— Elinor Barker (@elinorbarker) February 4, 2020
Let us know
Wrong definition of rest day
You go, girl!
Jet lag you might have won the battle, but you won’t win the war… ☕️ pic.twitter.com/8O07FDk361
— Geraint Thomas (@GeraintThomas86) February 6, 2020