1) Giro d’Italia is pink. This color was chosen as the magazine that created the Giro, La Gazzetta dello Sport, printed its newspapers on pink paper.
2) Crazy fans lining the final climb of the Italian Grand Tour.
3) Italian rider Domenico Pozzovivo of the AG2R La Mondiale team before the start of the 14th stage of the 97th Giro d’Italia (164km from Aglie’ to Oropa).
4) Michael Matthews puts on the Pink Jersey after stage 2 of the Giro d’Italia.
5) Italian rider Fabio Aru of the Astana team celebrates after crossing the finish line to win the 15th stage.
6) Australian cyclist Michael Rogers celebrates as he crosses the finishline to win the 20th stage.
7) A dramatic mountain finish in one stage of the Giro d’Italia, coupled with brutal weather conditions in the Italian Alps.
8) The peloton climbs the Stelvio during stage 16.
9) The number of Colombian cycling fans at the race grew every day, turning Quintana’s victory into a daily celebration of Colombian cycling.
10) Gazzetta dello Sport has named Quintana as “El Condor” describing his Giro d’Italia as “un volo verso la vittoria”- a flight to victory.