Another Monday is here, and so is our news from the world of cycling. So, what did you miss?
Eiking still in the red
Will the unlikeliest of victories happen? The Intermarché – Wanty – Gobert Matériaux rider jumped from 19th place on stage 10 to the first and has barely lost any time since then. Guillaume Martin reduced the loss from 58 seconds to 54. And Primož Roglič went from 2:17 down to 1:36. However, Odd Christian Eiking’s team is actually doing a decent job of defending the red jersey. They might have been in the back of the favourites‘ group when the racing started during stage 15 but Eiking stayed close enough to the GC rivals and didn’t concede any time. Eiking proved he’s capable of holding the red jersey. Will he make it all the way to Santiago de Compostela in the red? What do you think? It would certainly be a fairy-tale-like victory.
The 15th stage was a great display of the intrinsic value of the team!
— Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert (@IntermarcheWG) August 29, 2021
Stage 15 results
- Rafal Majka (UAE Team Emirates) – 4:51:36
- Steven Kruijswijk (Jumbo-Visma) + 1:27
- Chris Hamilton (DSM) + 2:19
- Adam Yates (Ineos Grenadiers) + 2:42
- Giulio Ciccone (Trek-Segafredo) + 2:57
- Odd Christian Eiking (Intermarché – Wanty – Gobert Matériaux)
- Felix Großschartner (Bora-Hansgrohe)
- Sepp Kuss (Jumbo-Visma)
- David de la Cruz (UAE Team Emirates)
- Enric Mas (Movistar) – all at the same time
General classification after stage 15
- Odd Christian Eiking (Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert Matériaux) – 59:57:50
- Guillaume Martin (Cofidis) + 54s
- Primož Roglič (Jumbo-Visma) + 1:36
- Enric Mas (Movistar) + 2:11
- Miguel Ángel López (Movistar) + 3:04
- Jack Haig (Bahrain Victorious) + 3:25
- Egan Bernal (Ineos Grenadiers) + 4:21
- Adam Yates (Ineos Grenadies) + 4:34
- Sepp Kuss (Jumbo-Visma) + 4:59
- Felix Großschartner (Bora-Hansgrohe) + 5:31
Don’t forget to take part!
This is pure gold
Cycling Olympic Gold Medalist Kelsey Mitchell with the ultimate airport security flex. (Almost forgot about this little thing!) pic.twitter.com/aw2lDNN3i2
— Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) August 25, 2021
There’s always time for proper grammar.
It’s all fun and games until your in the bath with your 2 kids and the little ones lays a log 💩 #evacuation
— Luke Rowe (@LukeRowe1990) August 25, 2021
If you are having a bad day think that at least you are not in La Vuelta. pic.twitter.com/VsxK0zGMmK
— Cycling out of context (@OutOfCycling) August 26, 2021
The heat gets to you
— Cycling out of context (@OutOfCycling) August 29, 2021