You’ve started cycling and you absolutely love it – but you’re not sure how to develop alone. Relax; we’ve all been there!
Whether it’s just to meet like-minded individuals, or to get some training partners who will push you on and help you to improve, joining your local cycling club is a brilliant first port of call.
There’s over 450 clubs stretched all over Ireland, so you’re sure to find one locally; check the Cycling Ireland website for a comprehensive map of locations across the country.
A membership with Cycling Ireland is required before you join one of these clubs – but it’s worth noting that joining Cycling Ireland will open a lot of doors in and of itself. The national governing body for the sport in this country, they tend to get involved all over the place!
There are events, races and programmes across several disciplines, competitive and non-competitive, on track and off road, and for members from children under the age of eight all the way through to riders aged 80 and over. There’s space for progression – and pure enjoyment – for everyone, with membership divided into three levels here in Ireland; leisure, competitive and cycling supporter.
Membership will instantly allow you to join a community of 28,000 other cyclists – which is a pretty good start! On top of that, though, you’ll access a wide variety of member benefits and services, which include…
- Access to a wide range of events that run all year round
- Access to a whole raft of coaching and education programmes, all the way to national coaching qualifications.
- Assistance in running your own Cycling Ireland events, covered and supported by the organisation
- Protection and support thorough good governance and policy development covering key areas such as child welfare, safeguarding and anti-doping.
- Discounts on a range of products and services.
If it’s something you fancy, click here to visit their website.