Did you enjoy our previous article “10 Reasons Why a Bike Is Better Than a Boyfriend”? Well, as we all […]
Did you enjoy our previous article “10 Reasons Why a Bike Is Better Than a Boyfriend”? Well, as we all know, complaints about partners also go the other way. So here is a follow-up piece with 10 reasons a bike may be better than a girlfriend. Don’t be surprised if some of these points could also be applied to boyfriends, though.
1. You can spend time with your bicycle without it nagging or criticizing you. In fact, it will stay relatively quiet most of the time.
2. Bicycles live for the moment – they don’t think or ask about what the “next step” in the relationship is.
3. Related to #2 is that your bike won’t rehash old issues – you don’t have to worry about being “surprised” with stories of your past offenses.
4. Your bicycle will not complain about other bicycles and gossip. Maybe it knows you have other things to think about.
5. You can just be yourself around your bicycle, without it trying to “fix” you.
6. Your bicycle’s moods are independent of its hormones – bikes don’t have hormones.
7. There’s no need to reassure your bike about how it looks – it doesn’t compare itself with other bikes.
8. Bikes are generally ready to go whenever you’re ready to go. There’s no need to wait around for them, well, unless something needs to be repaired.
9. They don’t cry or otherwise express their emotions – bikes don’t have emotions.
10. Bikes don’t get funny ideas from Hollywood movies and/or romance novels and then expect you to live up to ridiculous standards.