ŠKODA are delighted to host Ireland’s second ever speed dating event on bikes. So you’ve finally accepted the fact that […]
ŠKODA are delighted to host Ireland’s second ever speed dating event on bikes.
So you’ve finally accepted the fact that beautiful and interesting women who can stand your constant bragging about your cycling performance are not going to somehow magically approach you at the grocery store. Or for the women – the handsome servi
ceman in the workshop next door hesitates to ask you for a date for almost two years. Speed dating may change your life – if you believe in miracles.
Entrance fee is €40. So what do you get for your money? An opportunity to meet like-minded people with the same or similar interests. It’s all about men and women who love cycling. Sounds great, right?
When: Saturday 29th June 2019
Venue: Avon Rí, Blessington
Route Length: 60km
REGISTER FOR THE EVENT HERE
*Spaces are limited so book fast to avoid dissapointment*
So how does it work?
Sign on for our ŠPEED Dating event in Avon Rí at 8:30am on Saturday June 29th. Here you will be given a riders pack which will include your race number, cycling jersey and some cycling freebies.
You can then hydrate and fuel up in advance of the 60km cycle as refreshments will be available for you in Avon Rí. A quick briefing session will then take place so everyone is clear on how the cycle ŠPEED DATING event will work.
There will be two lines of cyclists, males on one side and females on t
he other. A whistle will be blown by a road captain every 3 to 4 minutes. This is where the top right hand side cyclist peels off and drops to back and all on the right move up a place. This way everyone gets a chance to meet each other.
See Someone You Like?
Each cyclist will be wearing a number on their jersey, so if there is someone you’re keen on, remember their number as you will be asked to fill in a scorecard at the end ;).
And don’t worry all of this will be explained on the day as well!
When you finish the cycle you will be handed a scorecard. This is where you wr
ite down the number/numbers of the people you are interested in. ŠKODA will then hand a card back to you with your matches.
Remember our event is all about having great fun and meeting lots of open minded people. Everyone wants to meet you as much as you want to meet them. If you want to get the best out of this event we suggest you come with an open mind yourself and try not to take it too seriously. You never know, you could always meet that special person.
You can refuel after the cycle as we will host a BBQ for all attendees.
NB: The ŠKODA ŠPEED DATING Event is not a closed road event and you must adhere to the normal rules of the road.
- Cycling on the route is maximum of two a breast.
- The event is a social cycle to allow you to meet people and not a race and you are responsible for your own safety and the safety of others on the road.
- The routes selected are generally quiet roads but you will encounter some main road junctions. Be aware of traffic on all roads. The Road Captain will be on hand to assist you at all times.
- ŠKODA marked directional signs will be placed throughout the route and the Road Captain will lead you through the route. Please remember the Road Captain is only there to assist. You must check for oncoming traffic at all junctions.
- You are responsible for taking part in the event on a safe and suitable bike. Participants are responsible for their own bike maintenance. Very limited mechanical support will be in place and will sweep throughout the route.
What to bring:
Your road bike must be in good working order to cycle the 60km route.
- Road Bike
- Water bottle(s)
- Spare tubes and a puncture repair kit
- Sunblock – We hope you will need plenty of this
- An open mind to ensure you get the most fron the day
Please note by agreeing to participate, you agree to be filmed and photographed at this event. By agreeing to participate you also agree for this content to be used on ŠKODA Ireland and We love Cycling IRL social media channels.
REGISTER FOR THE EVENT HERE